Ivy’s Status Report For 2/20

During the week, we worked on the Project Proposal Presentation as a team, as well as set up the wordpress and gantt chart to layout our workflow and track our process.

Furthermore, I wrote up an outline for the oral presentation of our proposal here. One of the major concerns we have going into this project is figuring out a method to synchronize individual tracks. In our initial research, we’ve come across some papers (Carnegie Mellon Laptop Orchestra, Dannenberg 2007) and programs (rewire, audiomovers) that aim to do something similar. The former gives us an idea of how to sync performances to a click track, but we hope to sync performances as they are being played live as well. I will look further into the commercially available options this weekend.

We will be using Django to build our website. Since I have not used that before, I’ve been following a small tutorial that’ll hopefully get me familiarized with its functionality and interface.

Our design hasn’t changed much from our abstract, but we’ve added some more methods of testing our final products viability, including testing for security, website traffic, and qualitative feedback from its users.