Ivy’s Status Report for 3/27

I am almost finished up with the audio upload to server right now. This past couple weeks, I realized my implementation discussed in my previous status report was impractical, as I was creating and playing the click track on the server rather than on the actual webpage. To fix this, I had to rewrite my code in .js, using WebAudio API to create the metronome clicks. Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate the clock I had created in Python in Javascript, and instead resorted to recursive TimeOut calls for the intervals between the clicks. But this implementation will create inevitable delay, which would causes successive ticks to drift further and further away from the ‘correct’ timing. To fix this, I would decrease the intervals for every other tick, to make up for time if the previous tick arrived a few ms late. I don’t like this solution too much as it only fixes the delay after it happens, rather than addressing it head on. But, for the range of tempo we’re aiming for, it seems the problem isn’t too exacerbated. If we have more time at the end, I will look to see if there is another, more accurate solution.

I think our groups biggest concern now that Jackson’s figured out how to implement monitoring is the UI. I don’t really have much experience with HTML outside of basic social media layouts and our proposed plan for it is much more involved than just a static webpage with some buttons.