Lauren’s Status Report for 2/20

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

I helped finalize the categories that would be determined in classification, and narrowed the scope of some of the objects considered recyclable (like only considering plastic bottles as recyclable vs. all other plastics). I also researched additional sensors for plastic and glass detection because I figured out capacitive sensors may not have a large enough sensing range to work for our project. In particular, I found that light sensors will work best to detect transparent materials like glass. Jessica and I finalized the mechanism (sliding box) that the items will be moved with, and we also finished most of the slides for the proposal.

• Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

My progress is on schedule.

• What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

I hope to present the proposal slides, and get started on the design presentation afterwards.