Vrishab’s Status Report for 04/03/2021

Signal Synchronization

Quite a lot of progress was made on signal synchronization this week. I was able to achieve coherent signal capture between two RTL SDRs, which was partially completed last week, but the captured signals were too weak. To correct this issue, I incorporated a bandpass filter into our signal capture pipeline and moved testing locations. The combination of these two resulted in a much stronger captured signal which we could correlate between the two receivers.

System Integration and WiFi Signal Capture

Working with Enock and Txanton, we have completed our integration of all the hardware in order to capture WiFi signals using our SDRs. Using my phone hotspot as a WiFi source, we were able to capture the signals from my phone with the SDR and produce a spectrogram of the results.

Progress Since Last Week

We have completed the integration of all our hardware and have captured WiFi signals; this was a major hurdle in our design process that we have now overcome. We are ready to begin our beamforming implementation.

Plans for Next Week

We are going to implement the beamforming algorithm as a separate offline script. Doing the processing offline will render the code easier to write and debug. We can transfer the code to C (using cython/numba or equivalent) to facilitate real-time processing.