Danielle’s Status Report for 03/06

This week, I worked on getting our design presentation ready. I will be presenting, so I have been working on speaker notes as well. I’ve met with my team multiple times to reassess our project, order hardware, re-evaluate our Gantt chart, etc. I’ve spent most of my time with the presentation itself and editing the slides, such as the implementation plan and problem area. I have also spent time evaluating the sources that my teammates have found to begin creating algorithms. Since we are no longer creating a vibration device for an alert and will instead be doing a sound alert, I have spent some time looking into the logistics and assessing how to accomplish this.

The group is definitely on schedule. We have been working diligently all week on the design presentation. As for my own progress, I am generally on schedule. I would have liked to have completed my speaker notes to the point where I would only need to adjust them slightly before the presentation, but, due to some family circumstances, I have not finished them completely yet. In order to catch up, I will be spending Sunday getting ready for the presentation and creating speaker notes.

In the next week, we will have presented the design presentation and will have the design report mostly completed so we can continue to edit. I will also be aiding my teammates as we begin the software portion of our project.