Shrutika’s Status Report for 03/28

We restructured last week, and this week we started working virtually on different parts of our project. It’s nice that most of our parts shipped really quickly, so I think we already have everything that we will need for the rest semester (hopefully).

This week I started working on the animation portion of our project. We’re planning to use the same sensors and input we were originally going to use, and then sending that output to a simulation instead of to the physical device/motor. I started playing with Matlab/Simulink and the 3d World Editor associated with it. It doesn’t have a great interface, so it’s taking a lot of getting used to but based on the tutorials I’ve been going through it’s extremely powerful and should be capable of doing what we want to do.

Neeti and Gauri are working on the gesture classifier and it seems to be going well. We’re hoping to be able to have manual mode at least sort of working by the next demo, and begin playing with the audio/microphones in the next 2 weeks.