Richard’s Status Report for 4-12

Richard’s Status Report for 4-12

This past week, we demo’d our project. We gained valuable feedback from the instructors afterward, and we will use this feedback to fuel our last sprint.

In the big picture, we have three parts to the project. My webapp is made so that Niko can implement whatever he needs to very easily. Basically, I wrote the backend in Python so that to integrate with Niko’s code, all the code has to do is import Niko’s library and call his functions.

As you may have seen during the demo, the three parts of the project are still quite a ways from becoming totally integrated. This past week, I focused on reading Niko’s interaction layer code and figuring out how what functions he wrote should be invoked in the Flask backend. This was tedious, because a bunch of the code was dispersed among quite a few files to look through. From here, all I have left to do is style up the frontend a little and test the webapp to see if there are any bugs. I will help Niko if he gets confused or Rip if he needs any help with his hardware web application.

For the next sprint, we will all have to work pretty hard. We want to have a successful project, and we’ll try our best to achieve that. To stay on schedule, I have to monitor Niko’s progress on filling out the backend with his function invocations and jump in if he has too much on his plate.