Following from the previous status update, my work on this project can be separated between project organization and starting work on the core system manager. Focusing on the former, I acted as lead editor for our team’s design document by outlining its full content, generating all additional figures, mapping all subsystem interactions, and working on my own portions of the document by itemizing requirements and describing the anticipated system control suite.

For work on the core system manager, I set up the team’s Github repository and created directories for each major software-oriented subsystem of the project: the CSM, the iOS application, the Embedded control, and the Perception models. Within the CSM, I began by setting up a middleman System Manager that launches several processes that will concurrently interface with and send information from:

1. The Picamera
  2. The motors orienting the system
  3. The bluetooth module communicating with the iOS app
  4. The frame storing and concatenating storage manager
  5. The Perception models

It is worth noting that the CSM is currently being programmed in Python in order to minimize interactions between multiple languages (e.g. Golang calling Python executables) and to facilitate GPIO through the Jetson Nano, for which most modules are Python-based.