Mia Han’s Status Report 4/4/20

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

I’ve been working on integrating my protocol with the GUI.  I’ve ran into more issues that I was expecting; I feel that my issues have arose from forgetting small things in C and relearning a few concepts.  Additionally, our team met a few days ago to discuss how we are going to approach integration and what unforeseen tasks need to be addressed.  Ultimately, I’ve spent this past week refining my protocols and integrating it with the GUI; moreover, I’ve been helping my team understand the GUI and the plan for how it all should be integrated.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I feel that my progress is a bit behind; because of my rustiness with C and learning along the way with these algorithms, I underestimated slightly the difficulty of implementing these.  These algorithms are a lot more complex to implement than understanding.

To catch up, I’ve committed spending the time now until the demo to integrate, test and debug our protocols.  I feel that I can make a big push before things get too hectic with my other coursework next week, and now that we have a clearer vision for what we are planning to do, I feel that I can complete those tasks with more confidence.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

I hope to:

1. Refine the GUI
  2. Integrate the viterbi + convolutional codes and hamming codes implementation with the GUI