John Paul Harriman’s Status Report for 3/7/2020

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

Considering the deliverables that I set forward for last week, I have met expectations for most of what I had. The remaining parts order has been placed and we found a better Wi-Fi modules that is higher compatibility and cheaper than the previous one that we had. Protocols loaded to the components has not been accomplished as the parts have not arrived. Packet generation scheme has been described except for address checking so we can make sure that the components we are writing to are correct.

The algorithms for wrapping is done at least for the defined packet sizes. We will be taking a similar approach to what we had for the hamming encoding aspect except for higher integrity by using the Reed Solomon approach instead

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will beĀ taken to catch up to the project schedule?

With the new additions and a redistribution of work, I think we are on schedule for now but depends on how the spring break goes.

Deliverables for next week are the Reed Solomon algorithm for the defined packet length to be completed in C so that we can just move it onto the components and run the same software as intended. Post coming soon explaining how Reed Solomon works and why this will be our final choice.