Sam Adams’s Status Report for 2/29/20

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

This week I focused on following up on the feedback that we got during our design presentation. This involved getting more concrete metrics that can be used during the creation of our design doc. To do this I spent most of my time researching the procedures and devices being used by the CubeRover team in order to set the scope of the UDP design. After this I was able to go over my design again with a fine tooth comb in order to make sure that all the requirements were being met and that we were in scope. I also spent time creating a backup plan incase we ran into problems implementing the design.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I ended up getting a little behind this week. The peer reviews from the design presentation were eye opening and we realized we had to make some design changes before we submitted the design doc and started the implementation phase. In order to make up for this week I am planning to do a lot of work over spring break in order to catch up on the implementation phase.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

This next week I want to start the implementation of our design. My goal is to be able to pass some simple benchmark tests by the end of the week (such as sending and receiving basic packets on our MCU). This would give me a big leg up on the implementation phase as I would be able to start adding the more complicated features and optimizing in the weeks following.