Status Report – Joseph (03/30/2019)

This week, I worked together with Matt to make it possible to send either microphone input or file input to the circuit simulator, then have it play out in the speakers. This was written for the preliminary simulator written in Python, so we’ll have to make some adjustments when the simulator is ported to C++, but the core part of the input/output processing is done.

Though the initial plan was to help out with the circuit simulator afterwards, we decided that it would be more efficient for me to start working on the testing platform instead. So, I’ve made a tool to visualize input and output audio samples in both the time and frequency domains, and am working on adding the cross correlation test to it.

I want to continue working on the testing framework and have the core of it done by the midpoint demo so we can showcase our work. Afterwards, I can add features that make it easier to test like automatically running our results against SPICE’s.

We also ordered and received the new audio interface, which supports two inputs. Using that, I’ll also be working on getting both the clean sounds and distorted sounds from the same guitar at once.