Surbhi’s Status 2/23

Surbhi’s Status 2/23

During Week 6 of the Capstone design project, the following work was done:

1. Whole team worked on creating the project’s Design Review Presentation for next week by discussing specific details of our respective parts of the project. I added content about the hardware side’s implementation and testing and edited the slides to aid in easy visual absorption of the information.
  2. Ordered 3 additional LED Matrices from Adafruit Industries of the same kind that I used to test our implementation in the past weeks so that they can be daisy-chained together to work on the entire piano keyboard (61 keys – 33.5 inches). Each Matrix is 7.5 inches in width.
  3. I researched further into the components of a MusicXML file to understand what elements I need to extract when parsing it in the C++ program on the Raspberry Pi to get the key presses and duration.
  4. Wrote my own program demo of how piano keys will be mapped to areas of the LED Matrix by using just one matrix for now and implementing a set of basic keys (7 white + 5 black). Video link here:

LED Matrix Demo Week 6

piano keys chart

On Schedule

Deliverables for next week:

Chain all 4 LED Matrices together to run in unison for all keys of piano keyboard

Parse simple MusicXML files and run simple song on LEDs

Set up code for single key press and multiple key press, set up speed differentiation for learning at different speeds