Week 5 Status Report

Ajay

We missed the last status report but will update on what we’ve done overall. I’ve gotten the function that takes the photo -> recognized a person and spits out the bounding box to work. This was a simple application of the Yolo algorithm. After that, I wrote the histogram function to extract out color data from the image.  Currently, I’m running this on a CPU so my main tasks for this week are getting this running on an AWS instance. This week I also want to write the matching functionality to start getting matches from photos.

Vayum

I’ve made good progress overall on the web application portion of the project. I am currently working on the views and controller parts of the backend to deal with dynamically changing data. I’ve set up the database with all the relevant fields, have the front page working with our basic set up, and wrote the server code. This week, the plan is to finish the controller and try to get the additional pages working. I have been stuck on some bugs in the backend side of the project so hopefully I will resolve that within the next few days. Apart from that, I will soon need to start integrating with Ajay and Peter to ensure that the transfer of data from our hardware portions of the project go smoothly.

Team Report

Overall we are on schedule and are working well together. We have placed our orders for our parts and they should be arriving within the next week. There are no major risks at this point but we are monitoring the speed of the algorithms as that is the main point that we are a little worried about. Overall no schedule changes.