This week was meant to be the first week of integration, but we fell slightly behind schedule as a group so I worked to prepare us for integration.

1. Further refined the game component by testing entire game. To test the game, which was my main component of the project, I replaced the controller and pi communication portions of the game with stub methods that allowed me to test the game from beginning to end. Things I checked and fixed include computing place, restarting after finishing a race, and receiving hits from items.
  2. Helped Sourav with porting our Python implementation of the Raspberry Pi software to C++.
    1. Wrote code for reading from the new RFID readers. The new readers emulate keyboard devices which provide input to /dev/input/event files on Linux, so the new code reads from those files and converts the Linux specific format data into an ID number for gate identification.
    2. Ported over the server on the Pi to C++. Rewrote the main server on the Pi, responsible for broadcasting the Pi’s ip address, receiving player input, and sending speed, IR, and RFID data to the server.

I finished my tasks last week and was helping the group prepare for integration. We are behind schedule by a few days.

Deliverables for next week

The project should be basically complete by next week since we have the in-lab demo this week. We plan on completing most of the integration before our demo time.

David’s Status Report: Week 9