Early in the week I spent several hours on the design report and ethics assignment and later worked on familiarizing myself with Unity Multiplayer and settting up the network infrastructure for matchmaking between pcs and between pcs and pis. To become familiar with Unity’s multiplayer API and architecture, I spent time reading its documentation and writing code snippets to experiment. Eventually I was able to implement matchmaking between instances of the game using NetworkMessages in the Unity High Level API. I also linked the UI components from last week together with server controlled transitions. For matchmaking between PCs and Pis, I set up and implemented a Python Django server hosted on AWS with endpoints for pis to make their IP addresses available and for PCs to retrieve those addresses.

Most of my deliverables for the week were backend components, so there aren’t many visual updates.

My progress this week is on schedule; no schedule changes were necessary.

Deliverables for next week (after break)

Implement and optimize video streaming from Pi camera to PC, which is possible now that the Pis, SD cards, and cameras arrived.

David’s Status Report: Week 4