Max’s Status Report for 9/30

This week I joined the transcriber team and we worked together to define my role in the team. I will be producing a transcriber that takes in an audio file and returns sheet music for the music in the recording. Given that my original team was broken up at the start of the week, and I was only able to clearly define my role on the team on Wednesday, my work was mostly kept to further researching signal processing for note detection, becoming comfortable with the tools and nature of the transcriber project, and planning how my tool will be folded into the current project. In terms of progress, I am still defining my schedule for my part of the project, but would say that I am on schedule after spending this week transitioning onto the new team. This week I plan to fully finish the design set up for the project for the presentations, and start programming the note detection section.

For the project, 18290 is the only main ECE course that is relevant to my work, so I have been researching pitch detection methods and algorithms extensively over the past few weeks. Through study, I have found multiple methods that can help, which I originally listed in the status reports for my previous team.