Sherry’s status report for 10/21

Last week, our primary focus was on the composition of the design review report document. I have made significant progress, contributing to sections such as the Abstract, Introduction, use-case requirements, and the relevant software subsystem within the design requirements. Additionally, I have worked on sections covering design traits, system implementation, and testing and verification.

However, there has been a slight delay in the schedule, particularly in completing the initial setup of the API interface, which remains a work in progress. To mitigate this delay, I intend to allocate more time in the coming week to expedite the API preparation and align with our project timeline.

In the upcoming week, my goal is to finalize the exploration of the API’s functionality and engage in discussions with my team members to strategize and ensure the seamless cohesion of our project components. This collaborative effort will be instrumental in achieving our project milestones.

As you’ve now established a set of sub-systems necessary to implement your project, what new tools are you looking into learning so you are able to accomplish your planned tasks?

As for my role in the software system, my primary focus involves mastering the MuseScore API and its integration within the project. While it may not be a completely novel tool, this endeavor entails gaining a deeper understanding of the API and effectively utilizing it to set up a comprehensive system. Personally, I have limited prior experience with configuring an entire system using an API, making this a notable learning curve and a unique challenge that I am committed to overcoming.