Joshna Status 11/04/2023

In order to get our project ready for demo, I have finished database extraction and integrated that process with the frontend. Now, when the person clicks print on either the notes or the product search, they get the relevant response back.

I have also finished contracted translation and plan to demonstrate the difference between that and the uncontracted translation by printing to a separate file as we demonstrate the frontend -> backend pipeline. I have done edge case and basic testing for both translations because those were my biggest worries and plan to work on stress testing this week.

I have run multiple database structures but a couple sites ran into errors being scraped so I currently have a database around 1800 elements big and a database around 150k elements big but the 150k one won’t upload to git. I have tested the database extraction with these and they work great for general pipeline testing but I will need to start creating unit stress tests.

Meanwhile, I have finished creating solenoid “instructions” that will eventually be inserted into arduino code based off of the braille translation made. This is because each of our solenoids will not be embossing in the order of each dot in each character but in separate places. We plan to also print this to show how the solenoids are currently able to achieve each of the necessary states. This week, I want to start working on integrating the backend with the arduino for the solenoid system.

I am currently on track with the schedule and have everything ready for the demo. In the next week, I plan to work on black box unit testing and stress testing. I also plan to make visible progress with the rpi so we have an actual internet host and not just running files. Finally, I want to start working on the rpi to arduino communication and at least get this working for the solenoid system. My reach goal is to work on the cache after working on the rpi server hosting and web scrape other sites if the rpi is large enough to handle the current database given that git refuses to.