Saumya’s Status Update 9/30

This week, I experimented with pyautogui to explore its capabilities and how we can potentially use it in our project. I also worked on the design presentation. As this week’s presenter, I also practiced presenting and worked on my script. In addition, I helped Sarah with hardware selection based on our software architecture requirements and power requirements. Based on my tasks on the Gantt chart, I’m on track with regards to key mapping research, but for Bluetooth, I was waiting on our finalization of the board to look into specific networking information. Now that we’ve selected our board, I can look into sample projects using Bluetooth connections to the microcontroller and figure out how I can get a similar connection established between our computer and mouse board in the first half of the week so the Bluetooth transmitter task can be completed by the end of the week. By next week’s update, I plan to make progress towards getting Bluetooth set up.

The classes that helped me the most with the design of our project were 18349 (Embedded Systems) and 18441 (Computer Networks). I hope to apply some knowledge from my internship, where I learned more about Bluetooth. I also took Physics C in high school, which will help me with the IMU math.