This week we had demo’s during class. So we started the week by preparing for these demos. We demonstrated the intake mechanism working with a drill and talked more about the construction of the robot and showed our bottle detection algorithm and our iRobot moving towards the bottle. 

After both demo days, I worked on adding caster wheels to the bottom of our robot to improve mobility. I took everything apart, got the wood pieces cut and put the caster wheels on. Another issue we were having was the bearings holding the intake shaft kept popping out. To fix this Serena and I decided to glue the bearings to the metal plates holding the shaft. We used gorilla glue, but unfortunately the glue took 2 days to dry, slowing down other progress on my end. Soon I will put the front intake back on the side wood pieces and test to see if the caster wheels made a big difference. 

Serena and I also tested out our new high power motor and realized the batteries we have don’t have enough current. We used a DC power supply/generator to figure out how much current we will need. We found a battery with this criteria and ordered it. Hopefully this battery will work for this new motor. 

Overall, I am on track and know what needs to be done this upcoming week.