This week I made a lot of progress on the construction of the robot with Serena’s help. We took the robot apart so that we could put the lexan we newly ordered underneath for the water bottle storage area. Before attaching the new piece of lexan I had to get it cut to the correct size and use a hole saw to make holes for the sensor in the front, UART port and middle buttons. Then I similarly measured, cut and bent the copper colored aluminum. Then we screwed the aluminum into the side beams. Then we tested the intake to get the perfect height to pick up water bottles and screwed it to the front. 

After speaking with Ed and Professor Haidar in Tech Spark, we decided to add caster wheels to the front and back of the side beams to allow the entire robot to move easier. We also did a lot of intake testing. Unfortunately all the motors we have are not strong enough for the intake. Thus I did extensive research on what FRC teams use for their intake and found a correct motor connector to connect the motor shaft to the intake shaft and found a corresponding motor mount. We will get these new parts ordered soon. The caster wheels came in and I will work on adding them to the robot next week. Overall, I am on track and know exactly what I need to do in the future.

Here is a video of the working intake on the robot picking up 3 water bottles: 

Intake on Robot With Drill Picking Up 3 Water Bottles