This week I made a lot of progress with implementing the design of the robot. In the beginning I worked with Professor Haider on cutting holes in our piece of lexan to go on top of the faceplate. She showed me how to use a Hole saw and we cut holes. However after cutting the holes and putting the wood on the faceplate, we realized the lexan was too small and ordered more. Throughout the week I thought more about the implementation of the robot and set up a time on Saturday to work on the construction of the robot. 

Together, we all worked on putting together the base of the robot. We made sure both side planks of the robot were level and parallel. Then together Serena and I drilled the center beam to the faceplate and then drilled the side planks to the center beam. Then we put together the intake and attached the intake. Below is a video of the spinning intake. The motor we have now is too slow, but Serena placed an order for a motor with higher RPM. Overall the iRobot still moves with the wood and intake attached to it. I believe I am on track and we will make the entire robot construction come together very soon. 

Intake Spinning Video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18qGMP92bpr-yAf59Ju1QIjrCBmsRhAzJ/view?usp=share_link