In the beginning of the week, Mae and I helped Serena with the Project Proposal Slides. During the slide preparations I made a rough Figma design of what the robot will look like. In the upcoming week I plan to fully CAD the design to understand the practicality of it and for the design presentation. This is something that wasn’t in our schedule/plan earlier, but I realized how important it was when deciding the chassis design and going through the parts that I needed for the design. This pushed the ordering timeline back a little bit, but I believe this will be beneficial for the success of our project/robot in the long run.

A big part of this week was deciding what chassis design to go with and picking out the parts for this. At first I was researching various chassis designs and focused on picking one that was large enough to fit at least 3 full water bottles on top of it. I also needed to keep in mind that there needed to be space in the front of the robot for the intake to be mounted. After spending a good amount of time researching I came across a REV Chassis tutorial with the dimensions and specifications I was looking for. https://docs.revrobotics.com/duo-build/channel-drivetrain-build-guide

By following a tutorial, I am able to spend less time designing and building the drivetrain. Since the actual robot construction is not the main focus of the project (not ECE related) I decided this was the fastest and most cost effective way of getting the chassis built. After extensively reviewing the tutorial, I deemed it as very feasible in the time allotted and added the items necessary to our budget sheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rM7moVCNPikaZQLOzCnGe7_cH5Uc1-aidRARYm6aeoc/edit#gid=0

Overall, I believe I am on track and will focus on getting the design CADed and ready. This will allow us to order parts in a timely manner and also prepare us for the Design Presentation coming up shortly.

0 Comments