This week, I mostly spent my time working with Greg on our new requirements list as well as our Design Review Presentation. Discussion of both is covered pretty extensively in this week’s team status report. Both pdf’s are posted on our Documents page.

I spent a decent chunk of the week looking for microgreens grow data and found an excellent source: Johnny’s Seeds. Greg and I thoroughly went through their numbers and largely based our requirements off of insights we gathered from their results. I also researched grow mediums and selected Jute Fiber as our target.

I  began to research how to best lay out the main board schematic, focusing on the connections between the ESP32 microcontroller and the stepper motors, but this will need to be developed further in the coming weeks.

The project is now on pace in terms of having a rigorously chosen and refined set of goals and a well laid out vision, but it is still lacking in concrete development work. I will have to make up for this in the following weeks. My next milestone goal is to get a prototype of the main board done that integrates the ESP32 microcontroller with stepper motor drivers and establishes communication between the controller and the website interface Greg is working on. This will have to wait until after the Design Report is done next week.

Lucas’s Status Report: 10/10