Alex’s Status Update for October 24

Alex’s Status Update for October 24

This week I created obstacles that are appropriate for the game and implemented obstacle collision using Mesh Collider in Unity. I used a planar mesh to check for collision when the character is moving straight into the obstacle. But a different implementation is required when the character tries to move left when the obstacle is there, or when the character jumps onto the obstacle. Next week’s goal is to implement gravity and jump so that the character can jump onto the obstacle. Moving forward another major goal is to (1) implement smart obstacles that is difficult enough but also possible to get through (not impossible scenarios). (2) is to implement .

I am slightly behind schedule because designing objects is taking longer than I initially expected. Putting objects together to have a enjoyable game requires choosing the right object types, colors, lighting, and shading effects, and these are taking more time than expected. But after I have the right objects, and assets, implementing features will come soon.