Alex’s Status Update for October 10:

Alex’s Status Update for October 10:

Because I got to finish the UDP Mock controller last week, I started this week ahead of schedule, and I got more time to work on the game itself. I got to test out and confirm that Unity was responding accordingly and quickly with the UDP Mock controller at this point the next step on the UDP side is to hook it up with real muscle controller and test things out. Now, I am working on making the early backbone of the game (choosing the right assets, placing objects, and random generation of maps). I spent most time on finding the right assets because some did not have not right appearance, and others were not in the right price range. After I chose the appropriate assets I created a map with a character on top, and made the map to constantly generate itself.

Next week’s goal is to place obstacles and coins, and hook it up with last week’s UDP Socket to control the character with the mock controller.

To make the game more fun and playable, the virtual world needs to be rounded, and one option is to make all objects round. But this is a very pricy task, changing all 3D objects to rounded, and the physics involved with jumping and sliding would all get complicated. Instead after some research, there is a tool/library to make the world “look” round by changing the camera renderer in Unity, so this will be an interesting addition in the coming weeks.