Jiamin’s Status Report for 10/24

This week was spent making sure that the current NFC02 board is incapable of performing the functionalities we wanted and figuring out how to do print debugging with the Nucleo board. Last week I was able to get blinking LEDs but since I didn’t have any NFC compatible devices I wasn’t able to fully test out the program. I borrowed my roommate’s phone and found some weird inconsistencies with the NFC code provided vs. what I have changed. I read a lot of code and documentation for NFC02 to confirm that we needed to submit a new purchase request for the NFC05 expansion board.  I did a search for “id” in the documentation and all I found was things related to getting the driver id, but none about the card/device id. NFC05 does have the RFAL library that seems to be able to read the id of  the card/device. I then started looking into the files provided in the X-CUBE-NFC05 and saw that they use this platformLog function. However, this type of debugging isn’t automatically enabled so I have been trying to look into print debugging with the IDE and seems like using puTTY will be the most ideal option. I got printf() to work by using the HAL library and UART. 

Progress is still slightly behind schedule because I had to purchase a new board. But I am confident that I can catch up to the current timeline once the new board arrives. I am hoping that it will arrive by early next week. This way, I can set up UART to get print debugging to work. More research will be done since the demo code uses platformLog, so I will play around with that. With print debugging working, I hope I can finally read the UID of the tags I got