Iris’s Status Report for 10/10

This week, Minji and I managed to get the Wifi antenna installed on the Nano Jetson. We found out we bought the wrong SD card though so we had to make an emergency purchase, that hopefully will come today.

I’ve been working on the facial and mask detection algorithm, and figuring out which training sets to use. I might need to actually create / supplement my own training set for the mask detection algorithm, so I will be needing to take pictures of people with / without masks on later on. I’ve also been helping Minji research more into IoT design, and we’ve decided to move from AWS GreenGrass to Microsoft Azure Edge since it is more well documented with use with the Nano.

Most of this week has also been doing the design presentation slides and figuring out exact specifications of each part of our project. My progress is still pretty on schedule, we did shift the Gantt chart a little back due to some parts not arriving yet and not being able to test (I can’t test the video feed until the microSD card comes). I will be focusing on that for the next week and making sure it can display the live video feed on the monitor.