Dan Saad Status Report November 9

This week I have been working more on how to work the NRF radio chips & SPI protocols, but have also pivoted to some other ongoing tasks. The search for a displacement display is ongoing, but i reached a decision on the knock sensing (we are now using a simple accelerometer to detect a sudden vertical deceleration rather than ordering a whole new sensor whose sensitivity we can’t set). I have finalized the artwork for the game, and have been looking over the particular values / parameters of spells to ensure that they are in line, but further testing will have to wait until our first physical prototype is built.

Much of my time this week has been dedicated to learning blender / CAD software in preparation for physical construction. I am currently editing a file that we hope to 3D print to form the head of our staff. I have several size specifications at the ready, and should be able to resize, edit, and print the staff head soon. My predicted obstacle here is working out hinges and clasps that would allow us to access the RPi, battery, and other systems easily.