Cindy Status Report 11/2/19

Cindy Status Report 11/2/19

This week, I worked on the battery management board schematics by reviewing the ASIC and picking out some components to regulate a 48v 15-cell series 18650 lithium ion battery pack that we are planning on using to power the UPMC. In addition to being able to sense the temperature, voltage, and current from every one of the cells, this board also needs to communicate with the Logic Board of the Electric Boogaloo. This means I have to look into connecting the ASIC’s I2C and making a connector so it can communicate with the logic board.

I have also got some help to machine a mount for our final motor, which is huge and heavy. It is made out of some aluminum I found in the Makerspace and I spent a couple hours drilling and milling with the help of a MechE friend to make sure that it fits. I have also started looking into how to connect a belt chain to another motor for our tabletop dyno. The CAD for the motor output shaft is 90% done, and I will finish it after my Monday midterm.

With a bike, I have also took measurements and start designing what space restraints we have to work with to actually mount the motor, motor controller, and battery pack. There is not a lot of space to work with, and I might have to start taking apart the bike to get to know what are the parts that we need to fabricate.