This past week, I have been working on setting up ROS on the Raspberry PI. I have also been working on learning ROS and defining motion requirements for the robot. This Monday, I delivered our team’s design review presentation. Overall, I was able to present the major design decisions we took in the past two weeks and our reasoning for those decisions. The presentation also included a hand-drawn model of the robot as well as a chat-sonic generated image of what we expect the final build to look like. The rest of the research that went into the final design and the CAD model for the design will be included in the design report.

This past week, I also worked on trying to gather materials (acrylic boards and aluminum extrusions) for our build. Our finalized dimensions were larger than originally expected and so we decided to designate the coming week as our sourcing week – that will be used to collect all materials necessary for the build and to send out an order request for any extra parts. Adding on to this, some changes were made to the Gantt chart to allow for better focus on the build portion of the project, which we have designated to be the week after spring break – our official build week.

For indvididual tasks, in the next week, I hope to have a majority of the software for movement and motion control written. On the side, I will be working to get materials for the build and the Design Report.

0 Comments