Ran’s Status Report for 3/23/24

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? 

This week we decided to make a change on our implementation plan. Instead of incorporating cloud deployment, we switched to local processing on the phone. Since MediaPipe offers an interface with Swift, I started to set up the appropriate environment and migrate our original code for the CV module. Although initially I encountered integration issues, I managed to get the application compiled and run on my phone. Currently it captures the video and shows landmarks in real-time on the screen. The next task would be to transform the ML module with CoreML, but all our team members happen to be busy with other courses and interviews, so we will invest in-peron, collaborative working time next week to keep us on the schedule.

• Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

Since some of the tasks have changed, I am currently behind schedule. Next week, I will allocate at least 6 hours besides regular class time to work on the remaining work offline, partially individually and partially with my teammates. 

• What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

iOS-based CV module refinement

CoreML integration