Leia’s Status Report for 4/6/2024

I have got the OLED to display text from the Arduino unit as well as a variety of images and animations for testing purposes. The demo app that connects with the Arduino via bluetooth has an added text feature that the user can type on. Currently, transmitting text from the app to the Arduino to show on the OLED is a work in progress.

Next Steps

I will be trying to get the app to OLED transmission to succeed by the end of this week so that next week I can focus on designing and 3D printing the case that will hold the hardware components and latch onto the phone. After that, I will be working with my team members to integrate their CV and ML app with my demo app to develop a singular mobile application that handles all of our project’s goals.

Once that app is settled, I will be building on the frontend to make it more user friendly and simple to operate.

Verification

I’ve run example code provided by Arduino to test the fluidity and latency of the OLED screen. I’ve also already examined the speed at which the app is able to connect with the Arduino over bluetooth, which has demonstrated immediate results. Other verification tests I will be running are:

• additional latency tests of app to OLED text communication
  • phone attachment assessments that ensure it is easy to latch and remove
  • speed and formatting of ASL translations on OLED

Essentially, I will be handling all the inspections in regards to hardware that ensures the physical product meets the use case and design requirements.