Leia’s Status Report for 3/30/2024

Progress

I have successfully soldered all the components together: battery, Arduino, and OLED screen. The entire hardware side is currently self-sufficient and functional. The battery essentially powers the Arduino, and the OLED draws power from the Arduino to work. It can be charged with inductive wireless charging but for safety precautions, it will continue to be charged through plugging in the Arduino via the Micro USB cable since the Adafruit backpack enables the battery to be charged and maintained in this method. The demo app for the circuit can connect and control to the Arduino via bluetooth, and the Arduino sketches uploaded to the unit can affect the OLED screen properly with low latency and clear imagery.

Next Steps

I will now be integrating features into the demo app that allow text to be transmitted over bluetooth to the Arduino so the OLED can exhibit them. The app will be further refined in its appearance and overall frontend to eventually prepare for its integration with machine learning and computer vision codes in Xcode. I will also be combining Arduino sketches I have for bluetooth and OLED text display together into one program that handles all necessary functionalities.

Farther down the line, I will be planning on the 3D printing case for the hardware components to be fitted into a neat package and eventually attached to the phone.