Ran’s Status Report for 3/16/24

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? 

After our meeting with Professor Savvides and Neha on Monday, I explored the mobile app stream transmission resources they shared and experimented on some methods, including using ffmpeg, Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), and some SDKs/open source libraries. After all, I found SwiftVideo might be a suitable package to assist mobile (local) to cloud server video transmission. Meanwhile, my teammates suggested moving CV and ML modules completely to the iPhone processor, by implementing MediaPipe features in Objective-C and using CoreML to realize ML prediction. At the current stage, I cannot tell which method will carry out a better outcome, so I will try to run two tasks in parallel and decide to adopt a certain one by the middle of next week. Moreover, I helped to test and debug the ML module for dynamic signing. 

• Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

My progress is mostly on schedule. I plan to devote more time in writing code for 1) cloud transmission API and 2) transforming CV module from python into Objective-C.

• What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

Mobile app development