Ran’s Status Report for 3/9/24

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? 

I was mainly responsible for the iOS application programming and cloud environment setup this week. I improved the UI of the mobile app and added focus and saving features to the application. After pressing the stop recording button, the video is automatically saved in .mov format (after obtaining user’s permission to access the local photo album). This feature could be easily integrated with cloud deployment, where the movie file is instead stored in the S3 database. However, I have not implemented the real-time transmission to the cloud database. This could be a potential difficulty for future work. I also finished the design requirements, test & validation, and other subsections for the design review report.

• Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

My progress is mostly on schedule. I plan to devote more time in CV-ML integration as there seems to be accuracy issues in dynamic signing prediction. Moreover, I will spend more time working on researching cloud transmission technologies and phone application coding.

• What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

Cloud deployment with real-time video transmission

CV and ML integration