Thomas’s Status Report for Feb 24

Personal tasks of this week:

Task: Library-Based NMPC Swing-Up Controller Benchmarking

Definition: Run a performance benchmark on the library-based NMPC swing-up controller, measuring the time it takes to complete each step of solving the NMPC problem, and identify the performance bottleneck of the system.

Completion: The task is completed. We benchmarked the swing-up controller and found that 32ms out of 38ms in each iteration is spent on solving the NLP, which can be accelerated using our proposed analog SQP solver to achieve significant speedup.

Task: Symbolic NLP Formulation of the NMPC Swing-Up Controller

Definition: Symbolically formulate the NMPC Swing-Up controller as an NLP, which acts as the NLP problem we supply to the analog SQP solver on each iteration.

Completion: The task is partially completed. We’ve made substantial progress in deriving the dynamics constraints and symbolic cost function. More work will be done in the next week.

Next Steps:

My next step is to continue working on formulating a symbolic NLP problem of the NMPC swing-up controller. I will also continue to work with Andrew on analog component selection and circuit simulation.

Overall progress assessment:

My progress is on-schedule, as all of my tasks this week have been completed or partially completed.