Jason’s Status Report for 3/9/2024

This week, I mostly finalized a solid interface for feeding information to the UNO game state. In this updated version, the UNO state requests information from a controller interface. This controller interface contains functions such as get_card, get_bluff_answer, get_color_choice, and any other functionality that requires a response from the user. There is also a display interface, which receives the game state, and updates the display accordingly. It was crucial to find the correct divide such that we can easily swap out means of displaying the state and grabbing user information. As for controllers, we currently have a TerminalController, which asks for input from the user through the terminal. David is working on implementing the hardware controller this week. I have also begun work on a simple GUI interface to assist in state debugging. I also created a script to do a basic forward pass on an image through a pretrained model. I think I am slightly behind schedule, since we have not been able to collect data yet. We have time scheduled to collect data at the beginning of this week to remedy this. I hope to completely finalize the interface (including an event handler for async updates) as well as train a CNN on data that we have collected and evaluate its performance.