David’s Status Report for 2/24/2024

This week saw a big step forward in the mechanical side of the design. I wrote drivers for the servo and dc motors for testing. We got the rotating platform working along with the stepper motor. We are getting a smooth and consistent rotation. We also got the card dealer working as we were able to use the dc motor to push the cards out with enough speed. We were unable to test automated card extrusion as the gear for the servo motor had not been printed yet. However, we were able to test just using our hands to turn the roller and we can test the servo motor tomorrow as the gear is now printed. We have attached videos in the team status report showing the subsystems working. I also tested the white LED’s we bought for lighting inside the chassis for card classification and they work fine. Lastly, I started working on the event loop that the raspberry pi will run during actual operation. I planned out the functions we will need to add as well as the control flow of deciding what to do on each turn.

I am on schedule. Next week I will work on finalizing the camera drivers and start automating data collection for our ML model. I will also work on fleshing out the event loop and modifying the UNO software implementation.