Jason’s Status Report for 4/20

Accomplishments This Week

This week I was able to integrate the ocr and camera module together so that we can move onto the full integration and validation phase. I also worked on the final presentation.

Project Schedule and Progress
Hopefully I have erased all the roadblocks for the team with the ocr and camera integration done. I will now move onto validating our integrated modules and testing the user interface of the scanner.

Goals for the Next Week
I will now test and validate our combined scanner module physically, and help Yuma with UI development as well as debug any issues that arise during the testing phase.

As you’ve designed, implemented and debugged your project, what new tools or new knowledge did you find it necessary to learn to be able to accomplish these tasks? What learning strategies did you use to acquire this new knowledge?

New tools and knowledge that I gained through capstone was learning how to use new libraries such as Tensorflow, tesseract, opencv, and etc. I had to self learn a lot of materials and go through google to get the appropriate datasets and algorithms for OCR as well.