Ishan’s Status Report for 04/20/2024

For this week, I focused mainly on developing the final presentation that I’ll be giving, so which means preparing the slides as well as what I’ll be saying for the presentation. Additionally, I focused on gathering all the information from the testing and validation that we conduct for all our individual components and for our system as a whole.

I am currently on schedule

Next week, we will continue to test our entire product by putting it through some more latency tests and testing it against different objects we will be assessing during our demo.

As you’ve designed, implemented, and debugged your project, what new tools or new knowledge did you find it necessary to learn to be able to accomplish these tasks? What learning strategies did you use to acquire this new knowledge?

We recognize that there are quite a few different methods (i.e. learning strategies) for gaining new knowledge — one doesn’t always need to take a class, or read a textbook to learn something new. Informal methods, such as watching an online video or reading a forum post are quite appropriate learning strategies for the acquisition of new knowledge.

For almost all tasks I completed, I had to learn various new skills, particularly pertaining to the Raspberry Pi, Ultrasonic sensors, and Pi Camera modules. Setting up the Raspberry Pi was extremely tough, especially connecting it wirelessly using the headless setup. I picked up several new strategies to acquire new knowledge among them was looking at YouTube tutorials or more visual tutorials to complete my tasks as seeing another person deal with the Raspberry Pi was far easier to follow than any documentation. Additionally, I found forums such as the Raspberry Pi forums very helpful to see for bugs and any potential issues as almost always there was another person who had a similar issue, and they were fixed on those pages. Finally, documentation was also very helpful especially for the Camera Module as I relied on it heavily to follow to set up the module, download the necessary dependencies, and so on.