Ishan’s Status Report for 02/24/2024

This week I worked on implementing multiple sensors with the Raspberry Pi after getting all the materials like the SD card, sensors, and other connecting devices. I ran into some issues with inconsistent measurements from the sensors, so I’ve been looking into ways to mitigate these issues or if it would be better to look at other devices like an Arduino potentially.

I am a little behind schedule as I need to start working on the Jetson and interfacing it with the Raspberry Pi, but I still have time to catch up before spring break. I’m going to order the Jetson by tomorrow and begin working on connecting the Jetson with the Raspberry Pi so that we’re ready to transfer data between the two devices. This shouldn’t be too difficult to complete as I’ve done the necessary research, so I’ll know how to proceed once I get the device.

Next week, I hope to complete the connection between the Raspberry Pi and Jetson as well as work out the inconsistent measurements of the ultrasonic sensors. Finally, I aim to begin researching filtering/prioritizing algorithms that we would run with our object detection model so that our device will prioritize objects that are in immediate danger to our users.