Shiyi Zhang’s Status Report for 04/22/2023

Personal Accomplishments

This week, I’ve been working on bringing together all the different components of our project. The application can now transition from waking up from the sleep mode, taking orders for the current customer, processing a checkout, and then returning to the sleep mode if there are no new customers in line.

Additionally, I’ve also styled our web application to make it visually appealing for anyone looking for some fast food. I’ve also filmed a video that shows the entire ordering process for our final presentation slides.

I’ve also conducted some tests to measure the response time of our sensors. On average, it takes our sensors about 1-2 seconds to detect the presence of a customer and begin the ordering process. Additionally, our tests revealed that when a customer is not speaking close enough to our microphone, it takes approximately 1 second for our system to recognize their speech.

My progress is on schedule.

Next week

I’ve found some minor bugs in our application, and I will be addressing them next week. One issue that arose was the occasional skipping of an alert display that reminds the customer that it is time to speak/be silent. Another issue was that occasionally there was mismatch between the speech recognition result and the frontend display of that result due to using two different libraries for the same job.