Lisa Xiong’s Status Report For 4/22/2023

Personal Accomplishments

I have completed all the staff UI features by adding buttons which use Nina’s order item removal function, allowing the staff to delete order items once they are done. The details of the staff UI will be shown in the final presentation as a quick demo.

The unit tests for the NLP system have been completed. I made test files with basic sentence structures, such as “can I have a [menu item] please”, “2 [menu items]” and “five beautifully packaged [menu items]”. And replaced the [menu item] with actual names of the items. According to our unit tests, I have made modifications to our NLP program to handle the parsing of “2 ice creams”. Usually the quantifier (2 in this case) will be directly linked to the last word of the menu item, but for “ice cream” it is modifying “ice”, which makes my existing NLP rules not applicable. The NLP system passed all basic sentence structure tests with 100% accuracy.

I am on track with our schedule; the staff UI is finished according to plan.

Plans for Next Week

I will work with my teammates for the final presentation and final video submission. We will find volunteers to test our system as well.