Shiyi Zhang’s Status Report for 03/18/2023

Personal Accomplishments

• Frontend

This past week, my main focus has been on making adjustments to our frontend code. Specifically, I’ve been transitioning it from Django to Tkinter. The reason behind this decision was simply due to the fact that our current project priorities lie elsewhere and we need the frontend to be operational as quickly as possible. However, we may switch back to Django once we’re nearing the completion of the project since it provides us with more styling options.

Currently, the pages have the capability to wait for output variables from the backend, such as the system response, and to then display the text like a typewriter. Additionally, the pages are able to disable audio inputs while waiting for responses from the backend or while still in the process of type-writing.

• Sensor

I have installed the operating system, a fan, and some heat sinks onto our Raspberry Pi. The code for the sensor has also been transferred to the RPi and is functioning correctly.

On schedule

Yes, my progress is on schedule.

Next week

I will fetch Lisa’s NLP code and incorporate it into my workspace, connecting it to my frontend. Additionally, I will also integrate the sensor code with the frontend.