Shiyi Zhang’s Status Report for 03/11/2023

Personal Accomplishments

During Spring break, I continued working on the client-side UI and now have two pages: one that appears when user speech is detected, and another that displays our menu and added items.

Page #1

This page is supposed to be voice-operated, but as we have not yet received the microphone, I have decided to use a click button that listens to the laptop’s microphone for now. By utilizing Mozilla’s Web Speech API and its JavaScript functions, the page is capable of displaying real-time transcribed text in the provided text area.

Page #2

This is where the customer views the menu and review their order before checkout.

Schedule

The client-side UI is close to completion,  but it’s currently not talking to any sub-system such as the Django backend, so my progress is a bit behind on schedule. I don’t think it’s too much of a problem since the mic/tool kit will arrive next week, and utilizing the outputs from the sensors should not take too long.

Next week

Next week I will be working on making the sensors & the mic work with the backend and, if I got time, making it work with the frontend as well. I will work with Lisa on the mic part since she is responsible for language parsing.