Anish’s Status Report for 2/25

I had a lower time availability this week due to other project deadlines and midterm exams but I still made some progress. I gave the design review presentation on Wednesday and looked closely into the feedback from that (as well as the proposal presentation) that was provided to us later in the week. I took some measurement traces with the directional antenna to validate that it does indeed roughly match the expected radiation pattern (noting that it does not actually work directionally on 5GHz; only on 2.4, as expected). I also investigated how to capture precise timestamps from the WiFi card – we found that the PicoScenes library has some restrictions on timestamp capturing which we may need to work around to do ToF-quality measurements.

Although doing tasks slightly out-of-order, I feel generally on-track in terms of progress relative to the schedule. Next week I hope to figure out how to capture timestamps accurately and with low jitter, as well as start prototyping the AR self-localization aspect so that we can use it to take realistic data traces once the Polite WiFi implementation is complete.