Gary Qin’s Weekly Status Report for 2/18

This week, I was responsible for defining and further specifying the use cases of our project and the requirements that are tied with the use cases. Previously, we believed that our solution has the potential to be standardized and deployed in multiple use cases. However, after meeting with the course staff, we became convinced that the use cases we previously defined were way too generalized, and it would be difficult to scale our solution in the time frame we have left for this semester to accommodate for the various settings and parameters we had set.

Besides contributing to the design review presentation and the system-wide design, I worked for roughly 3 hours on designing and creating the low to mid fidelity wireframes of the web application, which will become one of the core components of our system. Based on the detailed schedule we set as a team, my progress can be deemed as “on track”.

Over the weekend and going into the coming week, the cameras that we ordered will be delivered. Then, we as a team will be able to test the connectivity of the camera and figure out exactly how we want to place the cameras on the door frames at Sorrells and how to connect live camera feed to the local backend through Wi-Fi. In the meantime, I will complete higher fidelity wireframes of the front-end web application and start building a local app with HTML and CSS based on my design.