David Feng’s Weekly Status Report for 3/11

During this week, my main focus was on supporting my team in completing the Design Report document. The task involved refining our testing and validation procedures, as we had redesigned our system to operate inside the Hammerschlag hallway. I collaborated with my team to reconsider our design requirements and explore any possible alternatives before finalizing the various subsystems in our project. As for the hardware subsystem that I am responsible for, there aren’t many new tools for me to learn. Instead, my goal is to refresh my knowledge of Linux and OpenCV, and apply my previous experience in other projects to our capstone.

Aside from completing the design report, I also accomplished the task of writing a Python program that enables the Raspberry Pi to capture a video using the attached Arducam, and store the recording on an external USB. By doing so, we can commence our initial testing as soon as we return from Spring Break, ensuring that we stay on schedule. My upcoming objective is to facilitate the live streaming of the camera feed to a remote laptop via WiFi, which will enable us to conduct our later testing on a live video feed.